All those ads for products promoting quick, easy weight loss may be tempting. But unfortunately, they usually don’t deliver on their promises.
So, how do you know if the products are bogus?
Take a look at these seven claims. The Federal Trade Commission says it is almost always a diet scam if the product says it will:
- Cause you to lose a lot of weight no matter what or how much you eat
- Cause you to lose two pounds or more a week for a month or longer without dieting or exercise
- Block the absorption of fat or calories so that you can lose a lot of weight
- Let you safely lose more than three pounds a week for more than four weeks
- Cause a lot of weight loss of everyone who uses it
- Cause you to lose weight permanently (even after you stop using it)
- Cause a lot of weight loss by wearing it on the body or rubbing it into the skin