2 pounds potatoes
8 cups ice water
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp allspice
1 tsp hot pepper flakes
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
2. Place potato strips into ice water, cover, and chill for 1 hour or longer.
3. Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
4. Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice, and pepper flakes in plastic bag.
5. Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
6. Brush potatoes with oil.
7. Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven at 475-degrees for 15 minutes.
9. Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for additional 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fries occasionally to brown on all sides.
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
Each serving provides: Calories: 238, Total fat: 4 g, Saturated fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 163 mg, Total fiber: 5 g, Protein: 5 g, Carbohydrates: 48 g, Potassium: 796 mg
Source: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services