We all have a weakness food, right? Of course it’s okay to give in from time to time… but what if those time to times are too much of the time? Last month I asked you what you do to keep from over-indulging in your weakness food. I had a lot of fun reading your answers and wanted to share them. Maybe they’ll give someone else a creative way to resist temptation… when necessary.
- CPA Mom – I grab a cup of hot tea first…usually it fills me up and helps me forget I want the candy!
- Angie (Losing It and Loving It) – I have found the best way to keep me from eating too many snacky items is to portion it out into a bowl and not eat straight from the container. Sometimes I still find myself taking the whole container so it’s been a challenge to break that habit over the years.
- Deb T. – I try not to buy chocolate anything. But I tend to sneak chocolate chips when I am craving chocolate so I have my husband hide them from me, sometimes I find them and sometimes I don’t but I am sure I burn some calories trying to find them right?
- Annette – I put things deep in the pantry ….for me it’s out of sight, out of mind most of the time.
- Tamara B. – This will sound crazy but when I indulge myself buying chocolate (Lindt White Chocolate Truffles) to keep myself from going hog wild I will eat one and put the rest in the freezer. They are not too good frozen and hard to bite into them so I don’t eat them but maybe one a week.
- Mimi - If I’m chewing a piece of gum, usually something cinnamony, I can stay away, or if I brush my teeth, that will help. If it’s in the house, I have to put it up high, out of sight and a lot of work to get to..at least I have to burn a few calories before I eat what it is I’m after!
- Lisa @ Serah’s - I keep from eating lots of sweets because luckily I don’t have a sweet tooth but I do have an addiction to Pepsi so the way I stop myself from drinking lots of it is to either not buy it or keep frozen bottles of water in the fridge b/c I love ice cold water. Another thing I found is that when I drink lemon water, it makes Pepsi taste nasty so if I drink a glass of that, I’m less likely to drink the Pepsi b/c it takes a while for my taste buds to adjust.
- niwa4me2 – I keep my “office chocolate” across the office and take it to team meetings so others will indulge. Plus – I only have it for holidays.
- Jean F – I give it to my kids, and ask them to hide it for me
- DeeAnn S - My downfall is potato chips, the kettle fried, really, really crispy ones. OK, I’m drooling now! Anyway, I found if I buy the small, single serving size bags, I will pour half the bag into a very small bowl (which makes it look like there’s more), then save the rest for another day. The smaller bags are more expensive per serving which helps me not buy as many, I’m a penny pincher from way back!
- Caroline – Let’s see, chips are my weakness — specifically, potato chips. To keep from eating them, I just don’t buy them. At all. Honestly, I can only buy them if we’re having a big party or something, when I know most of them will be eaten, not by me!
- cammy – I tend to buy chocolate in singles, but I do have a bag of Dove dark chocolate in the cupboard. So far I haven’t opened it, which is my control mechanism. If I over-indulge when I do open it, I can always take the left overs to the office.
- dmarie - Chocolate is my total downfall. I love it all! So, to trick myself to think I”m getting a special treat I like to set out a pretty plate and add how ever much of the chocolate I”m allowing myself for the day. When it’s gone, i put the dish away and I tell myself I’m done.
Anyone else want to add to the list?
Me – I hide chocolate from myself in my jewelry chest. No, I’m not kidding. And yes, it really works for me! I trick myself to some extent – I think it’s just because the chocolate is not sitting right in front of me. Hey, whatever it takes, right?
[Photo Credit: stock.xchng]