You may be holding off on buying some items in this tough economy, but are there other things – maybe treats of sort – that you still buy for yourself? A new report shows some of the products flying off store shelves during this recession:
- Chocolate (Profits at Hershey Co. are up 20 percent)
- Wine, but people are buying cheaper vintages
- Vegetable seeds (Sales of seeds like green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash and lettuce went up 30 percent)
- Spam, Dinty Moore stew, chili (Hormel Foods Corp. had a six percent increase in its grocery products unit)
- Macaroni and cheese (Kraft Foods Inc. had double-digit growth in macaroni and cheese dinners)
- Running shoes
- Bicycle helmets
I’m definitely contributing to the up sales in chocolate, but I’m not buying more now than I usually do – I just always buy chocolate.
How about you? Anything on that list you’ve been buying more of during this recession? Anything off the list?