Not only do I have a thing for pumpkin foods and drinks, I also adore the seeds. They’re perfect for snacking or using in recipes, and they are packed with nutrients. So after a fun night of carving like the one you see in this picture, hang on to those precious pepitas.
Pumpkin seeds are a good source of protein, magnesium and zinc. I usually just eat them straight from the shells. But like sunflower seeds, they give lots of other foods a good crunch and a nice, nutty flavor. Try these ideas to take advantage of their nutrients while pumpkins are still in season.
- Add pumpkin seeds to your granola or trail mix.
- Sprinkle them on your soups and salads.
- Mix them in your burgers – beef, turkey, or veggie.
- Add them to your oatmeal or cold cereal.
- Toss them on your yogurt.
What are some other ways you enjoy pumpkin seeds?