My thoughts on Thanksgiving and calories: Lighten up a couple of dishes, enjoy the food, and make up for it by eating less the next few days. That being said, did you know the average American may have more than 4,500 calories and 229 grams of fat from eating a traditional Thanksgiving dinner… and snacking throughout the day? That’s far too many, no? Think you know your T-Day numbers? Take this fun little quiz to find out.
See if you can match these popular holiday foods and drinks with the right number of calories and fat in each one.
Popular Thanksgiving Day foods and drinks:
1. Roasted Turkey – (no skin) 4 slices (4 oz.)
2. Cranberry Sauce – 1/2 cup
3. Cornbread Stuffing – 1 cup
4. Green Bean Casserole – 1 cup
5. Mashed Potatoes – 1 cup
6. Pecan Pie – 1/8 of 9″ pie
7. Pumpkin Pie (without whipped cream) – 1/8 of 9″ pie
8. Eggnog (whole milk without alcohol) – 1 cup
9. Wine (dry, red or white) – 7 oz.
10. Biscuit – 1 two-inch roll
Calories and fat per serving:
A. 106 calories, 5g fat
B. 142 calories, 0g fat
C. 143 calories, 8g fat
D. 190 calories, 6g fat
E. 209 calories, 0g fat
F. 238 calories, 8g fat
G. 323 calories, 15g fat
H. 342 calories, 19g fat
I. 363 calories, 18g fat
J. 456 calories, 21g fat
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
[Source: Calorie Control Council]
[Photo Credit: culinarycory/Flickr]